Property Surveyor (Insurance Claim Services) - Birmingham
Building Surveyor / Contracts manager (Insurance Repairs)
Service Solutions Direct are experts in the insurance claims arena, undertaking refurbishment, restoration project of all values.
We are currently looking for a Building Surveyor / Contracts Manager to join our Insurance Repair team. This is an exciting opportunity within a growing, multi-faceted construction company.
You will be responsible for surveying, the production of estimates and overseeing repair works from the initial first visit, through to completion. Initially you will be required to deal with general peril of both a domestic and commercial nature.
The position will involve attending policyholder properties that have been damaged as part of an insurance claim and creating a report (following a prescribed template) assessing the validity of the claim along with the creation of a scope of work to rectify identified insured damage, along with any additional recommendations to insurers.
- £34K to £40K per year dependant on experience
- Company car
- Laptop, mobile phone and surveying equipment
- Personal qualification development in your chosen field
- 28 days holiday inc statutory holidays (increasing annually)
- Statutory Pension
Job Type: Full-time
- Bike to work Scheme.
- Pension Scheme
- Birthday off
- Social Activities
- 28 days holiday inc Bank Holidays
- Additional Days holiday for every year served
- Company Car – Private Mileage Usage
- Company – IT / Surveying equipment
- Work related training course & qualifications
- Personal progression actively encouraged & assisted
The successful candidate will work hand in hand with an assigned claims handler to oversee all repair works and liaise with the contractor until the completion of the project and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The role will include:
- Attending policyholder's properties that have notified their insurer of a potential insurance claim.
- Surveying and assessing the cause of damage and validity of the claim
- Creation of a detailed report for client review (prescribed template)
- Creation of a costed schedule of works (using Symbility)
- Managing jobs up to £100K (with a strong support function)
- Liaising directly with Loss Adjusters, Claims Handlers, Clients and Policyholders
- Working with and managing a sub-contractor supply chain throughout each project through to customer satisfaction
You will work hand in hand with a claim’s handler and as a team your you will be responsible for all elements your claims from scoping through to sign off.
The role will be field based although occasional visit to our HQ in Preston will be required. The position would suit someone with experience of scoping insurance related building works and has managed contractors. An understanding of the insurance industry would also be beneficial.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate previous experience in the managing of property insurance claims or building estimating along with contractor management as these are essential for the role.
- Creation of schedule of reinstatement works associated with the insured peril (using our scoping platform Symbility)
- Managing contractors on site, along with customer expectations
- Ensuring projects are completed as per the schedule of works and in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the appointed loss adjusters and claims handlers throughout the claim.
You will need to have:
- Good organisational skills and understanding of MS Office
- A strong focus on customer service
- Have Knowledge and experience of all insurance related perils such as fire, flood, escape of water and storm etc…
- Working as Building Surveyor (in the insurance repair field)
- Sound knowledge of building technology and the building industry
- Contractor management
- Small works management
- Knowledge of property insurance claims
- Experience of preparing specifications, scopes of work and contract documents.
We are a progressive business with established credentials and can offer both rewarding employment opportunities and flexible working options if required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Reference :
- Category :
- Contract :
- Full Time
- Job(s) available(s) :
- Experience :
- Property Surveyor
- Wage :
- £30K to £40K per year (dependant on experience)
- Working place :
- Field based
- Job beginning on :
- Creation date :
- Latest modification :